COVID-19: we remove most of the restrictions at Dexeus Mujer centres
From 14th February 2022, most of the restrictions adopted in our centres for the containment of the COVID-19 virus will be removed. However, we maintain some restrictions, which we inform you about below.
YOU CAN ONLY VISIT WITH A SURGICAL MASK OR FFP2 WITHOUT A VALVE
Access to the center for appointments and tests
- It is generally recommended to come unaccompanied in all appointments.
- All capacity at the centres will be open except for the Gynaecological Diagnostic Imaging (DGI) tests on floor -1 of the Dexeus Mujer Barcelona centre.
- If the waiting rooms are full, we recommend that accompanying persons wait outside the centre.
- Please come to the appointment with maximum punctuality.
- Always go to the appointment with a surgical mask or FFP2. Access to the center with a valve or cloth mask is not allowed, so we kindly ask you to bring a surgical one and change it to access the center.
- Inside the center, we advise you to keep a distance of more than one meter from the counter staff.
- If you have any of the symptoms associated with the coronavirus (cough, fever, shortness of breath or general malaise), as well as if you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, we would appreciate it if you would cancel the visit through email@example.com or by calling +34 93 227 47 27, and do not reprogram it until you are fully recovered or have passed the established quarantine period. In case it is a visit that cannot be postponed, you should contact your doctor by calling +34 93 227 47 27 who will indicate the guidelines to follow.
- Bicycles and scooters are not allowed in the centre.
Hospitalization - Hospital Universitari Dexeus
For patients requiring hospitalization, the hospital has also established preventive measures:
- Only two companions are allowed in the room, as well as in the emergency assistance area.
- An “authorized visitor” sticker will be delivered.
If you are pregnant, you are interested in knowing:
We will do a COVID-19 PCR at the time of delivery or 48-72 h before if it is scheduled (induction or scheduled cesarean section). In this second case, you must take precautionary measures until the moment of admission to avoid contracting COVID-19 before admission. This is extremely important since an infection between the test and admission would put your child and the hospital staff at risk.
If the test is negative, your partner may be present at the time of delivery, even if it is a cesarean, as long as there are no complications or the medical team indicates otherwise. The use of the mask is also mandatory during delivery.
If the test result is positive, and, therefore, indicates that you have contracted the infection, the delivery will take place in a delivery room specially reserved for these cases. The decision that your partner is present at the delivery in this case must be assessed individually, so it will be the medical team who decides at that time. If you need a cesarean, you will be transferred to an operating room. In this case, your partner, unfortunately, will not be able to access it.
Both hospitals and health centers are now the safest public spaces because they have implemented and have all the recommended security measures. In our case, we will adapt the prevention measures according to the evolution of the situation and the recommendations issued by health officials and scientific societies. And do not doubt that we will continue working to guarantee maximum security against COVID-19.
The Dexeus University Hospital has received the Applus Hospital Seguro COVID-19 Certification thanks to the adaptation of the healthcare protocols and the implementation of the organizational measures established by the Generalitat of Catalonia.