A new unit to take care of your emotional well-being
Dexeus Mujer wants to offer you comprehensive care. We set up our new Psychology Unit to offer you psychological support and assistance whenever you need it. We can help you to deal with a diagnosis, treatment or complicated personal situation by providing the right psychological care for every moment.
Click here to get to know our Psychologist a little more.
What benefits can a visit to our Psychology Unit bring
- Less emotional distress by lowering the intensity of the anxiety, sadness, anger or fear experienced.
- Heightened sense of control over the situation.
- You can adapt better to the situation with the use of coping strategies.
- Improved quality of life.
When should you visit the Psychology Unit
- If you feel continually emotionally distressed (sad, fearful, angry, difficulty sleeping, etc.) for a week or more.
- If you have a history of mood disorders (anxiety, depression, etc.), with or without taking psychotropic drugs.
- If you are finding it hard to accept the surgery and/or treatments you have been indicated.
- If you suffer from other stress factors (young children, dependents for whom you are responsible, money concerns, etc.).
- If you lack support from family or friends.
- If symptoms appear that cannot be attributed to your condition.
- If you are having difficulty getting back into the routine of daily life (work, social and family).
- If you remain unconvinced about your medical treatments and/or there is a risk of therapeutic withdrawal.
Why choose us
Our staff are psychology specialists who always work in coordination with our medical team.
We have a team of experts on hand whose primary concern is patient well-being and the pursuit of excellence in our services.
Visits take place at the same centre, so you will not need to travel to other sites.
We accompany our patients through the different stages of their lives and provide comprehensive gynaecology, pregnancy and assisted reproduction care, adapting to the needs of each woman.
Sofía, aged 43, Barcelona
"We had been trying for a baby for 6 years. When we began our IVF treatment with donated eggs, the psychologist helped us to process all the information in order to accept the proposed treatment and focus exclusively on our goal of becoming parents. The anxiety we felt after several failed treatments and the fact that we did not know whether this new treatment would be a success meant that we couldn't handle or cope with our emotions to move forward on the difficult road to becoming parents. On our first attempt and thanks to the emotional support we had, we are now living this stage of our pregnancy to the full".