Plan your pregnancy safely
Planning to get pregnant and want to make sure that you do it in the best health?
Come and see us and we’ll help you to find the best time to get pregnant and with the healthiest habits.
The primary goal of the pre-pregnancy medical visit is to give you advice on the best conditions and best time to get pregnant:
- We will assess your preconception health with a physical and biological examination.
- We will advise you on any problems so that you can achieve the best conditions for pregnancy and childbirth.
- We will provide you with information on preconception genetic testing to make sure that neither you nor your partner are carriers of a genetic disease that could affect your future baby.
For the moment, if you are planning to become a mother, here are some things that you should consider:
Cut out or reduce your consumption of tobacco and alcohol.
Do not take medicines if your period is late.
Get vaccinated against tetanus, hepatitis B and rubella if you need them.
Do a suitable form of physical exercise.
Control your weight and diet.
Make an appointment to come and see us.
Who is it for
We recommend this visit if:
- You want to get pregnant within a year.
- You have a reproductive or obstetric history with complications (miscarriages, children with birth defects).
- You are at risk of a genetic or hereditary disease (personal or family history).
- You have a chronic illness.
Why choose us
Our clinic manages the highest number of pregnancies of all the private facilities in Catalonia (more than 3,000 deliveries each year).
We are pioneers in prenatal diagnostic techniques, in foetal care and in the treatment of diseases, with access to state-of-the-art ultrasound scanners and cutting edge technology.
Dexeus Mujer is a reference in the management of high risk pregnancy and one of the few private clinics to be equipped with a neonatal ICU which allows us to deal with complications such as pre-term labour.
You will be in the best hands, in a first-rate hospital environment with access to an on-call healthcare team (obstetricians, paediatricians and anaesthetists) 24/7/365.