Enjoy sex with your partner without the risk of pregnancy
What is included
Vasectomy is a definitive, fast and minimally invasive birth control method performed with outpatient surgery in less than 30 minutes.
It does not affect sexual desire or erection, is very effective (99.5% efficiency) and has a lower cost than equivalent treatments in women, such as tubal ligation.
Vasectomy is performed with local anaesthetic and outpatient surgery so no pain is felt.
1. The andrologist locates the vas deferens by feeling the scrotum.
2. After shaving and cleaning the scrotum, anaesthetic is injected into the area.
3. A small incision is made to the upper part of the scrotum and the surgeon ties and cuts the vas deferens. If necessary, the wound is closed with stitches or skin glue (an adhesive that allows healing without the need for stitches).
When is it advised
- If both partners have decided not to have children together or not to have any more and do not wish to use other contraceptive methods.
- If pregnancy could affect your partner's health.
- If you or your partner have a genetic disorder that could be transmitted to your children.
Why choose us
Multi-disciplinary medical team with extensive experience in the practice of vasectomy.
Integrated circuit of medical care: diagnoses, treatments, consultations and surgery are performed centrally on the same premises.
Operating theatres equipped with the latest technology and a first-rate hospital setting with a 24-hour emergency service.
Luis, aged 44, Esplugues (Barcelona)
"I had a vasectomy two years ago. It is a very fast and effective technique that leaves no sequelae. I have had a steady partner for over ten years and we have two daughters who were born by Caesarean section, so I did not want my wife to go through surgery again. We made the decision together and are very happy with the result. I would recommend it."