A genetic foetal test, without any risk
With this test, a maternal blood analysis allows to detect the most frequent chromosomal abnormalities, such as Down syndrome.
Don't think about it anymore and relax.
What is it
It’s a non-invasive prenatal testing that, based on a mother’s blood analysis, allows us to detect chromosomal abnormalities. This test analyses placenta DNA found in the mother’s blood.
At Dexeus Mujer we offer you 2 options:
- Basic: it mainly detects Down Syndrome (Trisomy 21), Edwards' syndrome (trisomy 18), Patau's Syndrome (Trisomy 13) and anomalies in the sex chromosomes. In addition, you can also find out the sex of the baby. There is also the option to make the basic test and the detection of the DiGeorge syndrome (22q11.2).
- Expanded: in addition to these diseases, in some cases the test allows you to detect other genetic disorders known as microdeletions. The microdeletions are small losses of genetic material that are associated with serious problems of development in the new-born: DiGeorge Syndrome, Syndrome of 1p36 deletion, Cri-du-Chat syndrome, Angelman syndrome and Prader-Willi Syndrome.
The advantages of this test
- It is the most advanced method among non-invasive tests that allows early detection of some chromosomal abnormalities, as it can be practiced from week 10 of pregnancy.
- It is an innovative test that allows to evaluate the risk to present the most frequent abnormalities: Down syndrome, trisomy 18 and 13 and Turner syndrome (monosomy X).
- Unlike other prenatal diagnostic testing, this test presents no risk, neither for the mother nor for the foetus.
- This is a precise technique, with a detection rates of up to 99%, and false positives rates of less than 0.1% for the detection of trisomies 21 and 18.
In general, the results are available about two weeks after the analysis of the blood sample, and are interpreted as follows:
- Low risk: when there is more than a 99% chance that the baby does not present any of the indicated chromosomal abnormalities.
- High risk: your gynaecologist will analyse your case and advise you the realization of an invasive prenatal diagnostic test to confirm the diagnosis.
We have a team of expert geneticists who will offer you a genetic counselling before any result.
The result is expressed as a percentage of risk, which ranges from 0.01% to 99%.
Who can perform it
This test, in general, it is advisable if:
- Your maternal age is advanced.
- Your risk for Down syndrome is high.
- If other risk factors of foetal chromosomal abnormalities exist.
- If you want to know as much information as possible about the health of your baby.
It will be your gynaecologist who will prescribe you this test according to your background and your particular situation.
The test may be performed starting in week 10 of pregnancy.
Why choose us
Our team of geneticists puts at your disposal all the information you need about genetic diseases and the best advice on the results obtained in the test.
We are pioneers in prenatal diagnostic techniques, a reference centre in high-risk pregnancies and one of the few private centres with neonatal ICU.
We have a committee of experts that meets weekly to assess each case individually and establish the guidelines to follow.
We are at the forefront of technology in genomic medicine, and we are one of the first private gynaecological centres in incorporating a Unit of Medical Genetics.
Silvia, 42 years old. Barcelona
"I felt very relaxed after I performed the test. It was my first child and I had many doubts because of my age, and it was worth it, in only a blood analysis. In addition, I could know the sex of the baby very soon. Knowing that everything was okay, I could live a relaxed pregnancy."
Request a quote