Improve your well-being with acupuncture
Acupuncture is a Chinese medical technique used to reduce pain and relieve certain ailments.
It is a worldwide practice that Dexeus Mujer is offering to you.
Acupuncture involves the insertion of fine needles into certain parts of the body to act:
- Locally, on the area to treat.
- Segmentally, on the spine.
- On the central nervous system.
- On the autonomic system regulating the functioning of the internal organs.
The technique is virtually painless and offers a variety of benefits, which you can enjoy with our guarantee of maximum sterilisation and single-use needles.
Who is it for
Acupuncture treatments can help as a complementary treatment in these areas:
- Disorders that can occur during pregnancy, such as nausea, insomnia or oedema.
- Correction of foetal malposition.
- Painful disorders such as muscle aches during pregnancy, without the need to take medication.
- Treatment of dysmenorrhoea (menstrual pain).
- Menopausal symptoms, especially hot flushes.
- Acupuncture can improve the nausea, vomiting, joint pain and fatigue that chemotherapy treatments can produce and with the pain that is sometimes felt in the tissues after radiotherapy.
- In fertility treatments: its action during ovarian stimulation before and after embryo transfer can improve the chances of success. It also helps to relieve the stress and anxiety often brought about by these processes.
- Hormonal disorders and ovulatory dysfunction.
- As complementary therapy in the treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome.
Why choose us
The professionals that you’ll meet at our acupuncture service always work in coordination with our medical team.
They are doctors with master's degrees in acupuncture and certified in the technique by the Professional Association of Doctors of Barcelona.
We have our own fully-equipped acupuncture room, so you won't have to travel off the premises.