The Dexeus Mujer Foundation was created in support of our health culture, making advances in obstetrics, gynaecology and human reproduction available to society and health professionals.
The values of our Foundation are reflected by social responsibility actions intended to bring medical advances in women's health within the reach of the general population. We are widely recognised for the free health care actions we carry out, and the scientific, medical and teaching support we establish with associations and civil entities.
The objectives of Dexeus Mujer Foundation are to promote, encourage and raise awareness of the full range of scientific, research, educational and healthcare activities in Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Medicine.
The Foundation operates in partnership with the Chair of Research in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (CIOG) of the UAB to achieve excellence in the implementation of all these activities and civil institutions.
Areas of activity
Since 1995, our foundation has encouraged research, teaching and social work in the fields of Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Medicine, focusing its activities on four main areas:
In order to raise awareness about women's health, we promote scientific and research activities through research grants and clinical trial sponsorship.
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, we organise training activities for new specialists (MIR), medical assistants, interns and doctoral students. We promote training through a wide range of PhD courses and further education for professionals in collaboration with the Autonomous University of Barcelona.
Our commitment to research is reflected by our sponsorship of relevant research in the field of women's health, and calls for research grants in Gynaecology, Obstetrics and Reproductive Medicine. Since 1998, we have also held a professorship in Research in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, which ensures the quality control of our entire scientific production.
In partnership with other institutions whose objectives are aligned with those of the Foundation, we conduct a number of different corporate social responsibility programmes, e.g.:
- Free fertility preservation programme for oncology patients to ensure that no woman has to forgo motherhood.
- Gynaecological assistance program for women with physical disabilities, in partnership with the Guttmann Institute.
- Free reconstructive surgery programme for victims of female genital mutilation (FGM).
- "First Impact" programme to support oncology patients and their families to help them process and cope with the diagnosis.
- Health worker training programme in Africa to increase the number of native specialists in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.